Twitch Integration Migration Guide
On February 28, 2022 - the legacy Twitch API will finally be shut down.
For this reason, I have taken the opportunity to start fresh.
Twitch Wall, Twitch Player, Twitch Rail and Twitch Status have been rebuilt from the ground up, with a new focus on stability, reliability and performance.
Each of these plugins now acts as an Add-on plugin for our new plugin - StreamWeasels Twitch Integration.
StreamWeasels Twitch Integration is free, with an option to upgrade to PRO for more features. The free version and can be downloaded via WordPress here.
StreamWeasels Twitch Integration is the plugin which does the heavy lifting. It handles the connection between Twitch, the data and all the custom settings.
Twitch Wall, Twitch Player, Twitch Rail and Twitch Status are now strictly handling the layout and styling of your Twitch Integration.
This new model makes the library of plugins much easier to update, maintain and build upon. Existing layouts and new layouts can be added fairly quickly and easily, independantly of the main plugin.
I just updated my plugin and ended up here. What has changed for me?
If you just updated your Twitch Wall, Twitch Rail, Twitch Player or Twitch Status plugin and ended up here, you may want to know what this means for you.
The good news is that our new plugin can do everything our old plugins could do plus more.
StreamWeasels Twitch Integration (FREE) features:
- Pull streams from Twitch based on Game, Channels, Team and Language.
- You can now filter streams based on their Stream Title.
- You can now combine the above options, for example:
- Display all streamers from a Twitch Team only if they are playing a specific Game.
- Display all streamers from a List of Channels only if they are playing a specific Game.
- Display all streamers playing a specific Game but only if they have a specific Tag in their Stream Title.
The stream limit on the free plugin has been increased to 20.
- You can swap between Light and Dark themes.
The PRO version of StreamWeasels Twitch Integration has over 30 customisation options. You can learn more about those here.
Make sure to install the new plugin
The first step is to ensure that you have the correct plugin installed. Twitch Wall, Twitch Rail, Twitch Player and Twitch Status now no longer work on their own. You must combine them with our main plugin - StreamWeasels Twitch Integration.
Please download StreamWeasels Twitch Integration via WordPress here.
Once installed, the first step will be to connect to the new Twitch API. This requires you to generate a Client ID and Client Secret with Twitch. This is a free process that only takes a couple of minutes.
You can follow along with ourt guide here to generate your own Client ID and Client Secret.
Your Shortcode has changed
The shortcodes for Twitch Wall, Twitch Rail and Twitch Player have changed.
|Plugin|| Old Shortcode
|| New Shortcode
|Twitch Wall|| [getTwitchWall]
| Twitch Rail
||[getTwitchRail]|| [streamweasels layout="rail"]
| Twitch Player
||[getTwitchPlayer]|| [streamweasels layout="player"]
| Twitch Status
||- none -|| [streamweasels layout="status"]
The new Add-on model
As previously mentioned, Twitch Wall, Twitch Rail, Twitch Player and Twitch Status are now considered Add-ons for our main plugin - StreamWeasels Twitch Integration. These are all free Add-ons, but we do have new premium Add-ons available.
- Twitch Wall - Classic Twitch layout for displaying many streams at once.
- Twitch Rail - Horizontal scrolling layout, display many streams in a small space.
- Twitch Player - Compact, cinema-style layout, great for embedded stream experience.
- Twitch Status - Simply display Twitch live status on every page on your website.
- Twitch Feature - Slick, professional-style layout inspired by the Twitch homepage.
- Twitch Vods - The easiest way to display Twitch VODS on your website.
- Twitch Nav - The easiest way to display Twitch status in your main navigation.
Got more questions?
Below you can find many links for all of our different products.
Twitch Wall Add-on product page on StreamWeasels
Twitch Wall Support Forum on wordpress.org
Twitch Rail Add-on product page on StreamWeasels
Twitch Rail Support Forum on wordpress.org
Twitch Player Add-on product page on StreamWeasels
Twitch Player Support Forum on wordpress.org
Twitch Status Support Forum on wordpress.org
Twitch Feature Add-on product page on StreamWeasels
Twitch Vods Add-on product page on StreamWeasels
Twitch Nav Add-on product page on StreamWeasels